BIT 275 W - Advanced Business Communication
An integrated, interactive course that enables students to further develop written communication skills and to develop professional presentation skills. Students will have the opportunity to develop and demonstrate effective written, verbal, nonverbal, and presentation skills through the development of a variety of business communication media. Topics include developing business-oriented presentations in areas including employment communication (individual, team interviews, portfolio presentation), crisis communication, persuasive communication, informational communication. Students will further refine their skills in using reference material by researching information for each presentation. In addition, they will integrate electronic technology by using PowerPoint software for each formal presentation they make. Some presentations will be videotaped and evaluated by peers and/or instructor.
Prerequisite: BIT 140W Business Communication, or departmental approval
3 Credit Hours
Learning Outcomes of the Course:
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
1. Demonstrate advanced written communication skills to in order to be able to create professional business presentations.
2. Master advanced communications writing based on business cultures, workplace scenarios and different media methods.
3. Submit all written communications projects in appropriate word-processed format.
4. Demonstrate effective written performance on all classwork, homework, and/or project assignments.
5. Develop advanced oral communication skills, such as informing and persuading, in order to communicate effectively within his/her professional environment.
6. Demonstrate effective communications abilities and learn to receive and give feedback on all assigned oral communications projects.
Add to Portfolio