BIT 185 - Photoshop for Mobile, Web, and Print
An introduction to Photoshop, the industry standard software program for creating and modifying raster/ bitmap graphics. Students will learn to create, scan and edit images and text for print, multimedia, and web design. An emphasis will be placed on image manipulation, photo restoration, digital illustration, the use of slices and rollovers, and even how to create simple animations. Students will also become introduced to tools for creating vector graphics and type.
3 Class Hours
Learning Outcomes of the Course:
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
1. Use Adobe Photoshop to edit images and create graphics using basic tools such as multiple layers, color modes and intensities, blending modes and opacities.
2. Demonstrate the ability to select and modify images through compositing and filters.
3. Demonstrate the ability to design graphics with text and text effects.
4. Demonstrate the ability to apply correcting, adjusting and retouching techniques to images.
5. Adjust images and file types to prepare for any situation and output.
6. Plan, create and deliver a complete project in Adobe Photoshop.
Add to Portfolio