BIT 171 - Internet-Based Research
Exploration of additional Internet resources. Hands-on experience with various resource discovery and information retrieval tools.
Prerequisite: BIT 170 Introduction to the Internet or the equivalent
1 Class Hour
Learning Outcomes of the Course:
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
1. Refine queries to locate information.
2. Evaluate and identify valid sources of information on the World Wide Web.
3. Apply a variety of search tools and create research strategy, and analyze search results.
4. Evaluate web pages for validity, reliability, authenticity.
5. Have searched and navigated subject guides to compile information.
6. Have conducted two research projects involving retrieval, analysis, and application of information to a current business problem.
Add to Portfolio