BIT 111 - Information Literacy
A survey of methods to trace and locate sources of information, both in printed material and electronic sources, and determine their authenticity, validity, and reliability. After evaluation of source quality, students will report and integrate information considering the ethical and legal aspects of source use.
1 Class Hour
Learning Outcomes of the Course:
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
1. Access information competently using a variety of databases and searches.
2. Refine this process for searching for articles and sources for a bibliography.
3. Evaluate the validity and reliability of the source.
4. Sort diverse format items into approprate catgories.
5. Merge the information environments into a complete listing.
Add to Portfolio