BIO 120 - Human Sexuality
Explores information about sexual attitudes, relationships, sexual anatomy, contraception, sexually transmitted disease, sexual physiology and dysfunction. Course aims to make students feel more comfortable thinking and talking about sex and to prepare them to make rational decisions about this important aspect of their lives.
3 Lecture Hours
Learning Outcomes of the Course:
Upon successful completion of this course the student should be able to:
1. Differentiate between the concepts of sex and sexuality and discuss their intimate relationship.
2. Explore the historical aspects of sexuality in order to better understand our modern perspectives.
3. Discuss the basic biological functions and dysfunctions of male and female sexuality.
4. Open communication channels in the area of sexuality to allow for meaningful free exchange of ideas pertaining to this most important area of human life.
5. See how subject matter could be applied to our everyday lives.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)