ART 213 - Model Building
Scale models built for specific design problems. Projects to include interiors, buildings, site plans, furniture, stage sets. Recommended for students interested in architecture, landscape design, and set design for theater.
2 Class Hours, 2 Studio Hours
Required for interior design students
Learning Outcomes of the Course:
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
1. Produce works of art using methods of relief printing, intaglio printing, embossment, and monotype printing.
2. Analyze additional methods not covered in class through exposure to the works of other printmakers.
3. Mount finished work for display and portfolio presentation.
4. Apply the system of labeling and printing an edition of prints.
5. Critique the social and cultural history of the medium, how & why it came into being.
6. Utilize knowledge of basic color theory as described by the Munsell system.
7. Practice color separation and registration.
8. Select methods and techniques which best allow him/her to express his own personal artisitic vision.
Add to Portfolio