ADN 116 - Humor and Healthy Living
Research has proven that humor has important benefits for one's health which include providing stress relief and enhanced coping skills, strengthening the immune system, and facilitating communication. This class will provide an overview of the benefits of humor, enlighten the participant about current research, and enable him or her to develop ways to incorporate humor in everyday life.
1 Class Hour
Learning Outcomes of the Course:
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
1. Experience increased awareness of the benefits of humor and laughter.
2. Explore humor from a historical perspective.
3. Assess impact of humor in his or her personal life.
4. Explore humor as a form of complementary therapy.
5. Develop strategies to incorporate humor into his or her personal life.
6. Gather a resource bibliography for humor.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)