EVE 101 - Fundamentals of Event Management
This course addresses major trends and successful business practices in Event Management to provide the knowledge and tools to improve your effectiveness and profitability as an event manager. In addition, students will learn how to manage staff and staffing problems and to ensure the safety of all event participants.
3 Class Hours
Learning Outcomes of the Course:
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
1. Design, plan, market, promote and stage an event.
2. Effectively structure and manage an event planning schedule to improve profitability.
3. Conduct comprehensive needs assessments and feasibility studies.
4. Conform to and comply with legal requirements.
5. Financially manage an event to accomplish budgetary goals.
6. Identify and prioritize event goals and objectives.
7. Identify potential challenges to a successful event.
8. Implement effective risk management techniques.
9. Choose appropriate solutions by using efficient planning scenarios.
10. Understand appropriate protocol and decorum for various event types.
11. Properly staff an event.
12. Conduct mid- and post-event evaluations.
13. Effectively provide safety and security for all event participants.
14. Create and present proposals and agreements that are advantageous to all parties of an event.
15. Appreciate the rewards of being in the Event Management profession and evaluate future career opportunities.
[Add to Portfolio]