MUS 296 - Internship
An internship for individual students with local arts, educational, or business organizations. The students will gain professional work experience in preparation for careers related to music. Students will work under the supervision of a faculty member and keep a journal of tasks completed at their internship site.
Credits: 1-3 Variable
Learning Outcomes of the Course:
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
1. Integrate their experience with the workings of arts/business/educational organizations into developing a larger perspective of their chosen area of music.
2. Apply the knowledge gained within a particular field related to their career path.
3. Learn to budget time in relation to required tasks.
4. Establish a network of contacts in their chosen area.
5. Develop a list of references for future employment.
[Add to Portfolio]