EET 112 - Electronic Fabrication Laboratory
An introductory course in electronic project construction which includes printed circuit board design and manufacturing. In this course the student will layout and manufacture a printed circuit board, fabricate an enclosure, assemble a finished product, and document the process. Soldering and wiring techniques will be covered. This course also includes telecommunications cabling (telephone, coaxial, computer networking, fiber optics), low voltage control applications, and surface mount technology.
Prerequisite: EET 111 Electrical Construction Laboratory
3 Laboratory Hours
Learning Outcomes of the Course:
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
1. Create documentation required to manufacture a project.
2. Use design software to layout a printed circuit board from a schematic.
3. Fabricate a printed circuit board.
4. Assemble and solder an electronic project.
5. Package an electronic project in an enclosure.
6. Install connectors on telecommunications cabling.
7. Understand concepts of low voltage control.
[Add to Portfolio]