ECE 227 - Early Childhood and Technology
This course investigates the content and methods for teaching with computers and related technologies in early childhood classrooms. Other topics include: evaluating children's software; using technology for communication, record keeping and instruction as well as; the benefits, barriers and controversy surrounding technology use in early childhood classrooms.
3 Class Hours
Learning Outcomes of the course:
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
1. Identify technologies appropriate for young children via class discussions, written assignments and presentations.
2. Evaluate computer software, internet sites and other technologies for developmental appropriateness for young children via class discussions, written assignments and presentations.
3. Demonstrate competence in computer usage and instruction to meet children's developmental levels and needs via written assignments and presentations.
4. Illustrate comprehension of digital camera usage via the creation of a photo project that would be appropriate for early childhood settings.
5. Exhibit the value of positive home-school connections in early education via the creation of a newsletter and information packet for families.
[Add to Portfolio]