CST 232 - Multimedia Web Enhancement
To cover the broad field of multimedia Web enhancement and gain "hands-on" experience developing and adding this content to today's Websites. History of multimedia enhancements to Web development. Discuss the future for multimedia Web content. Discuss advantages and disadvantages of each multimedia type dealing with file size, storage requirements, transmission speeds, and resolutions. Discuss hardware requirements for both server and client side multimedia content. Discuss government mandated solutions to multimedia-enabled Websites.
Prerequisite: CST 231 Web Development Packages
2 Class Hours, 2 Laboratory Hours
Learning Outcomes of the Course:
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
1. Create Flash files to enhance web pages.
2. Create web pages that are quick loading with multimedia items.
3. Edit photos and images with software such as Fireworks so that images are smaller in size, yet enhancing to web pages.
4. Create live web pages viewable over the internet.
5. Post to an internet site.
6. Protect a live internet site.
7. Address security issues with websites that are public.
[Add to Portfolio]