Sep 21, 2019
CST 158 - Data Analysis with Spreadsheets
A comprehensive course in data analysis using spreadsheet software. Students will use innovative techniques for composing spreadsheets, solving problems, analyzing data, and presenting results. Areas of research include statistical functions, financial functions, iterative solutions, information sharing, table data analysis, what-if analysis, pivot tables and charts, XML schemas, macros and user-written functions, and programming with VBA.
Prerequisite: CST 119 Computer Concepts and Applications or permission of chair.
2 Class Hours, 2 Laboratory Hours
Learning Outcomes of the Course:
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
- Be proficient at managing and analyzing data using complex formulas and tables.
- Effectively enhance data with charts.
- Be proficient at automating worksheet tasks with macros.
- Effectively analyze data using what-if analysis, pivot tables, and pivot charts.
- Use data exchange with other programs, share files, and incorporate Web information.
- Customize spreadsheets and perform advanced worksheet management.
- Use the Visual Basic Editor, analyze and write VBA code.
[Add to Portfolio]