Jul 12, 2020
BIT 142 - Social Media for Professional Use
The goal of this course is to familiarize students with the basic functionality of several social media applications such as blogs, microblogs, mobile applications, cloud applications, and social networks (personal and professional). Students will explore appropriate use of social media in the professional setting for such purposes as collaboration, productivity, communication, and marketing. We will also examine social media analytics for the purpose of measuring and increasing consumer engagement.
3 Class Hours
Learning Outcomes of the Course:
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
- Describe how Social Media has influenced communication, productivity, collaboration and marketing for businesses and organizations.
- Compare and contrast Social Media tools for the purposes of communication, productivity, collaboration and marketing.
- Select and utilize mobile applications as they relate to business-related use of Social Media.
- Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of a variety of Social Media tools as used by individuals, businesses and organizations.
- Demonstrate the appropriate use of Social Media as required in a business or organizational setting.
- Demonstrate different ways to troubleshoot issues that arise with the use of Social Media tools.
- Select and utilize analytics tools for the purpose of measuring and increasing consumer engagement through Social Media.
- Assess how Social Media can impact both personal and business branding.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)