THR 221 - History of the Theater
History of theatrical production with selected periods of theater activity as a mirror of social and cultural experience from ancient times to the present.
3 Class Hours
Good for students from all disciplines.
Learning Outcomes of the Course:
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
1. Explain and write about aspects of historical periods of theater from the Greek and Roman to the contemporary.
2. Speak and write about individual playwrights and their reflection of a given period of history.
3. Articulate theater epochs in terms of the styles, movements and plays specific to each period.
4. Explain their knowledge of recorded history in general with its political, sociological and artistic movements.
5. Use critical writing skills which comply with and meet standards of writing emphasis.
[Add to Portfolio]