THR 221 - History of the Theater
History of theatrical production with selected periods of theater activity as a mirror of social and cultural experience from ancient times to the present.
3 Class Hours
Good for students from all disciplines.
Learning Outcomes of the Course:
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
- Explain and write about aspects of historical periods of theater from the Greek and Roman to the contemporary.
- Speak and write about individual playwrights and their reflection of a given period of history.
- Articulate theater epochs in terms of the styles, movements and plays specific to each period.
- Explain their knowledge of recorded history in general with its political, sociological and artistic movements.
- Use critical writing skills which comply with and meet standards of writing emphasis.
Add to Portfolio