PED 181 - Adventure Activities (CV)
Adventure Activities involves innovative warm-ups and conditioning exercises within a group setting as the group works together to problem-solve, develop trust through activities and work to solve challenges in adventure settings. Through the stages of development, the student will gain an understanding of how to build more effective groups, demonstrate modeling and cooperation and learn healthy risk-taking behaviors.
8 Class Hours, 22 Laboratory Hours
Objective of the Course:
1. To promote decision making and problem solving within a group.
2. To participate in a wide variety of non-stereotypical Physical Education activities.
3. To demonstrate leadership and group skills necessary to communicate and complete assigned low-level activities as a group.
4. To be able to modify adventure activities effectively for presentation to diverse populations.
5. To develop and demonstrate professional behaviors and practices.
Learning Outcomes of the Course:
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
1. Show awareness of safety in a variety of settings.
2. Explain the importance of having the proper clothing and footwear for each activity or setting.
3. Develop a fitness plan that includes all areas of fitness.
4. Modify activities for diverse populations.
5. Write and implement lessons plans, using the available facilities and equipment.
[Add to Portfolio]