PED 187 - Team Sports
Classroom activities and experiences are designed to provide students with knowledge of the concepts associated with skill development in team sports. Students will participate in and develop team plays, passing and scoring in net/wall sports. Students will demonstrate game performance skills in four exemplar sports.
8 Class Hours, 22 Laboratory Hours
Objectives of the Course:
1. Demonstrate basic skills in volleyball, football, basketball, and softball, as measured through a skills test.
2. Possess a minimum competency in their understanding of all four team sports, including rules, procedures, safety, and instructions by applying them in practice and in theory.
3. Describe a variety of developmentally appropriate progressions and modified games for each sport.
4. Demonstrate sportsmanship and respect for others in class and throughout practice time.
Learning Outcomes of the Course:
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
1. Identify and execute proper techniques and skills in four different team sports.
2. Improve muscular endurance, flexibility, and cardiovascular endurance.
3. Demonstrate and model proper educational techniques for fitness-based team sports.
4. Recognize and identify correct and effective performance skills in all four team sports.
[Add to Portfolio]