Apr 05, 2020
THR 219 - Periods and Styles of Acting
The study and practice of period and contemporary styles of acting.
Prerequisite: Permission of Instructor
3 Class Hours
Learning Outcomes of the Course:
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
- Identify the historical periods and styles of acting.
- Define and write about the playwrights, performers and directors from selected periods and their role in theater history.
- Practice the progression of rehearsal and performance techniques for each period/style of acting.
- Interpret, perform and practice the techniques and styles for a given period for an audience.
- Speak and write on the aspects of any given period/style of acting.
Add to Portfolio