THR 201 - Children's Theater
Analysis of children-oriented plays, development of scripts, rehearsal and performance techniques. Performance either in campus theater or at area elementary schools for classtime and assembly programs and visiting with children pre/post performance.
3 Class Hours
Learning Outcomes of the Course:
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
- Practice acting techniques particular to performing for children.
- Strengthen their voice and body skills as performers.
- Articulate the characters, period, author and other aspects of selected dramatic material.
- Adapt dramatic material to the needs and skill levels of different age groups.
- Evaluate children's theater plays in order to analyze the dramatic text in action.
Add to Portfolio