THR 175 - Dance for Actors II
Intensive dance techniques, dance characterization, and movement relative to performance in musical theater.
8 Class Hours, 22 Laboratory Hours
Learning Outcomes of the Course:
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
1. Practice skills in movement including strength, flexibility, balance, control, musicality, and confidence in dancing in front of an audience.
2. Develop musicality and rhythmic skills through performing choreography that contains complex rhythmic changes.
3. Explain the history of dance (jazz, ballet, etc.) and its vernacular roots.
4. Practice spatial awareness through performing choreography that incorporates directional changes, diverse floor patterns and movements that demand expansion and retraction of the body.
5. Define new ways of approaching movement and will be encouraged to utilize these paths to enhance their movement experience.
[Add to Portfolio]