May 27, 2020
THR 140 - Announcing for Radio/TV
Presentation as on-air personality. Development of visual and vocal techniques relating to presentation of news, interviews, commercials and on-air announcements.
3 Class Hours
Learning Outcomes of the Course:
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
- Formulate techniques of effective on-camera presentation, including posture, dress and presence.
- Demonstrate knowledge of phonetic spellings and pronunciations.
- Utilize voice skills for on-camera/microphone work and differentiate between the two.
- Demonstrate various announcing styles.
- Define and utilize equipment commonly used by announcers.
- Acquire necessary skills to read and perform from scripts prepared by other writers.
- Explain FCC rules that effect announcers.
Add to Portfolio