THR 140 - Announcing for Radio/TV
Presentation as on-air personality. Development of visual and vocal techniques relating to presentation of news, interviews, commercials and on-air announcements.
3 Class Hours
Learning Outcomes of the Course:
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
1. Formulate techniques of effective on-camera presentation, including posture, dress and presence.
2. Demonstrate knowledge of phonetic spellings and pronunciations.
3. Utilize voice skills for on-camera/microphone work and differentiate between the two.
4. Demonstrate various announcing styles.
5. Define and utilize equipment commonly used by announcers.
6. Acquire necessary skills to read and perform from scripts prepared by other writers.
7. Explain FCC rules that effect announcers.
[Add to Portfolio]