SPA 202 - Intermediate Spanish II
The study of grammar and syntax will be emphasized through writing, reading, and conversation about Spanish and Latin American literary works of recognized authors. Speaking the language is greatly stressed at this level.
Prerequisite: SPA 201 Intermediate Spanish I
3 Class Hours
Learning Outcomes of the Course:
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
1. Acquire a solid understanding of intermediate Spanish grammar that cover forms, meanings and functions, and use them effectively in oral and written communication.
2. Demonstrate intermediate oral fluency and proficiency in pronunciation, listening comprehension, speaking, and oral presentations necessary for successful real-world communication.
3. Expand their active vocabulary of high-frequency words, collocations, and idiomatic expressions that are commonly used in the Spanish-speaking world.
4. Demonstrate reading comprehension proficiency at the intermediate level through a variety of authentic genres, including academic discourse, newspaper andmagazine articles, fiction, poetry, and essays.
5. Increase intermediate writing proficiency through various writing assignments such as comprehension questions, paragraphs, essays, journals, and letters.
6. Develop a greater awareness and appreciation of Spanish-speaking cultures, as well as develop an understanding of their own cultural values and beliefs.
[Add to Portfolio]