SPA 102 - Beginning Spanish II
This course will build upon the grammatical structure of the Spanish language learned in first semester SPA 101. Speaking the language is greatly stressed at this level. Students of SPA 102 are expected to enhance the four language skills of speaking, listening, reading and writing. This course will also discuss various cultural aspects of the Spanish-speaking world.
Spanish 102 is for students who have taken first semester college Spanish (SPA 101) or three years of high school Spanish. Students who have four or more years of high school Spanish may not take this class. **This course is not suitable for native or heritage speakers of Spanish. Native speakers or heritage speakers of Spanish must not enroll in this course.**
Prerequisite: SPA 101 Beginning Spanish I
4 Class Hours
Learning Outcomes of the Course:
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
- Demonstrate high-beginning level knowledge about Spanish cultures through course activities.
- Conduct high-beginning level Spanish conversations in the present and past tenses including: ordering at a restaurant, asking and answering questions, and expressing opinions and relating stories regarding fashion and social life.
- Demonstrate high-beginning level Spanish grammatical structure and syntax, including proper use of indirect object pronouns, double object pronouns, and the preterit and imperfect past tenses.
- Demonstrate ability to read and conprehend high-beginning level Spanish materials.
- Deliver an oral presentation in high-beginning level Spanish.
- Write a composition in high-beginning level Spanish.
[Add to Portfolio]