SPA 102 - Beginning Spanish II
This course will build upon the grammatical structure of the Spanish language learned in first semester SPA 101. Speaking the language is greatly stressed at this level. Students of SPA 102 are expected to enhance the four language skills of speaking, listening, reading and writing. This course will also discuss various cultural aspects of the Spanish-speaking world.
Spanish 102 is for students who have taken first semester college Spanish (SPA 101) or three years of high school Spanish. Students who have four or more years of high school Spanish may not take this class. **This course is not suitable for native or heritage speakers of Spanish. Native speakers or heritage speakers of Spanish must not enroll in this course.**
Prerequisite: SPA 101 Beginning Spanish I
4 Class Hours
Learning Outcomes of the Course:
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
1. Have further knowledge, understanding and appreciation of the Spanish language and Spanish-speaking cultures.
2. Have confidence to communicate in Spanish at the high-beginning level, including delivering a short talk to the class without notes.
3. Understand grammatical structure and syntax, including regular and stem-changing imperfect and preterit verbs; subjunctive; direct and indirect object pronouns.
4. Comprehend high-beginning level materials.
5. Write familiar material with ease using complete sentences, either in a paragraph form or a dialog.
[Add to Portfolio]