Jun 19, 2019
SAC 251 - Career Search
For people who know their interests, skills, and values but are not sure which career field or lifestyles would be most satisfying to them. Sources of occupational information, analysis of labor market needs, what colleges and college majors best prepare students for their career goals. For students who are beginning a career, changing careers, or returning to the job market. For students who scored 13-18 on My Vocational Situation. Supporting small group atmosphere. Discussion sessions, speakers, testing field work, and individual counseling.
2 Seminar Hours
Learning Outcomes of the Course:
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
- Identify at least five sources of occupational information.
- Research and understand career search data.
- Conduct an analysis of labor market needs.
- Identify and create four types of resumes
- Write an effective cover letter
- Identify appropriate job/career opportunities and successfully apply.
- Identify what college majors best prepare students for their career goals.
- Identify 4 colleges and universities that offer their desired field of study.
[Add to Portfolio]