Oct 17, 2019
RAD 245 - Radiobiology
Radiobiology and advanced radiation protection procedures related to diagnostic and therapeutic uses of radiation.
Prerequisite: RAD 201 Equipment Operation and Maintenance
2 Class Hours
Learning Outcomes of the Course:
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
- Define and describe radiobiology, interactions of radiation and atoms, basic concepts of radiation, and the chemical composition of the human body.
- Identify and describe the molecular composition of a cell and the effects of radiation on cells.
- Describe the tissue radiosensitivity, systemic, genetic, and somatic effects of ionizing radiation.
- Briefly describe the radiation-induced mutations of DNA and chromosomes.
- Identify and describe means of radiation protection and measurement in order to follow the ALARA Concept.
[Add to Portfolio]