RAD 133 - Summer Clinical Education III
Clinical experience for development of competency involving general radiographic procedures in an affiliated site. Clinical hours: 7.5 hr/day for 30 days; 225 hours total.
Prerequisites: RAD 132 Clinical Education II, BIO 132 Human Biology II, RAD 104 Positioning II, or permission of instructor
Corequisites: RAD 216 Imaging Modalities
7.5 hr/day for 30 days; 225 hours total
Learning Outcomes of the Course:
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
1. Perform imaging procedures under direct/indirect supervision for progressing second year level students and observing other imaging modalities.
2. Maintain professional attitude by integrating appropriate personal and professional values into clinical practice.
3. Demonstrate proficiency in the use of radiographic equipment, radiation protection, patient communication, and contrast agents.
4. Maintain radiographer's practice standards and HIPAA compliance.
5. Perform with 80% accuracy a minimum of 10 competencies on specific categories, after providing proficient on-campus practical exams.
[Add to Portfolio]