Oct 19, 2019
RAD 132 - Clinical Education II
Observation and clinical experience for the development of competency involving elementary radiographic procedures in an affiliated site. Clinical hours: 12 hr/week for 15 weeks.
Prerequisites: RAD 100 Introduction to Clinical Education, BIO 131 Human Biology I, RAD 131 Clinical Education I, and RAD 103 L Positioning I, or permission of instructor
12 Clinical Hours/Week
Learning Outcomes of the Course:
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
- Perform imaging procedures under direct supervision for first year level students.
- Develop professional attitude by putting into practice knowledge of ethics, patient care, and communication skills.
- Become more proficient in the use of radiographic equipment and adhere to radiation protection measures.
- Integrate the radiographer's practice standards and HIPAA requirements into the clinical practice setting.
- Perform with 80% accuracy a minimum of 10 competencies on specific categories, after proving proficient on-campus practical exams.
[Add to Portfolio]