RAD 132 - Clinical Education II
Observation and clinical experience for the development of competency involving elementary radiographic procedures in an affiliated site. Clinical hours: 12 hr/week for 15 weeks.
Prerequisites: RAD 100 Introduction to Clinical Education, BIO 131 Human Biology I, RAD 131 Clinical Education I, and RAD 103 L Positioning I, or permission of instructor
12 Clinical Hours/Week
Learning Outcomes of the Course:
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
1. Perform imaging procedures under direct supervision for first year level students.
2. Develop professional attitude by putting into practice knowledge of ethics, patient care, and communication skills.
3. Become more proficient in the use of radiographic equipment and adhere to radiation protection measures.
4. Integrate the radiographer's practice standards and HIPAA requirements into the clinical practice setting.
5. Perform with 80% accuracy a minimum of 10 competencies on specific categories, after proving proficient on-campus practical exams.
[Add to Portfolio]