PTA 210 - Clinical Affiliation II
A clinical affiliation assignment in a health care facility to assist students to improve skills and increase experience. Students work under the supervision of a physical therapist with patients requiring treatments including modalities, exercise routines related to neurological conditions, patient care skills, ambulation, activities of daily living and other interventions with which the student is familiar. The student meets with the clinical coordinator to assess progress. Includes the observation of surgical procedures. Clinical hours: 40 hr/week for 5 weeks.
Prerequisite: PTA 110 Clinical Affiliation I
Corequisites: PTA 201 Kinesiology, PTA 202 Therapeutic Exercise
13.3 Clinical Hours
Learning Outcomes of the Course:
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
1. Perform all interventions/assessments in a safe, ethical, efficient and technically competent manner that minimizes risk to patient, self and others.
2. Communicate with patient, peers, family members and other caregivers in writing and orally in ways congruent to situational needs and supports delivery of patient services.
3. Obtain accurate information by performing selected data collection consistent with the plan of care established by PT.
4. Deliver established patient care to reflect respect for and sensitivity to individual differences.
5. Describe the method and document the experience of an observed surgical procedure.
6. Manage at least one-half a typical patient caseload by the final week of the affiliation.
7. Demonstrate time management skills.
[Add to Portfolio]