PTA 104 - Basic Musculoskeletal Anatomy
An experientially-based study of basic human bone and muscle anatomy. Emphasis is on the study of anatomical human musculoskeletal structures as they relate to the field of physical therapy.
Corequisite: PTA 100 Introduction to Physical Therapy I
1 Class Hour
Learning Outcomes of the Course:
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
1. Identify bony and soft tissue landmarks on the human body.
2. Name the bones and muscles of the body according to region.
3. List the origin, insertion, nerve and action of each muscle studied.
4. Determine the location of each bone or muscle according to region.
5. Palpate the superficial bony landmarks and muscles studied.
[Add to Portfolio]