POS 203 - International Relations
An examination of basic concepts and principles of world politics: international conflict resolution, international organizations, and the struggle for power. Factors affecting the relationships among the major powers. The role of diplomacy, alliances, war and peace in the world arena.
3 Class Hours
Learning Outcomes of the Course:
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
1. Describe some of the major theories and models of international relations.
2. Identify the institutional framework of international relations today.
3. Discuss the main outlines of the history of US foreign policy.
4. Identify some of the major influences on US foreign policy.
5. Identify and discuss some of the major issues in international relations in the contemporary world.
[Add to Portfolio]