PHI 102 - General Philosophy
This course introduces philosophy by examining some of its major areas, including metaphysics (theories concerning the nature of reality), epistemology (theories concerning the nature of human knowledge), ethics (theories of morality), and logic.
3 Class Hours
Learning Outcomes of the Course:
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
1. Identify the major areas of study in philosophy.
2. Describe some of the major theories of metaphysics in Western philosophy.
3. Describe some of the major theories of epistemology in Western philosophy.
4. Describe some of the major ethical theories in Western philosophy.
5. Demonstrate an understanding of the fundamental conventions of philosophical argument.
[Add to Portfolio]