PED 173 - Fitness Walking (CV)
Fitness Walking is a safe form of aerobic exercise which can be incorporated into one's life style and individual fitness program. Blended class requires proper shoes and foul weather gear as needed.
Totally online class requires each student to have a FitBit.
12 Class Hours, 33 Laboratory Hours
Learning Outcomes of the Course:
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
- Apply the components of an effective physical fitness program, utilizing walking as a primary activity.
- Improve physical conditioning by participating in a regular walking program.
- Perform basic fitness walking techniques.
- Apply proper technique to set pacing for safe and effective walking for fitness.
- Understand the importance of a balanced lifestyle and the role wellness plays in it.
[Add to Portfolio]