PED 171 - Principles of Training and Conditioning
Students will learn the principles of physical fitness and training, as well as the effects of training on various systems of the body. With this knowledge, they will organize, assemble, and present their own personal life-long fitness programs.
15 Class Hours
Objectives of the Course:
1. The course will provide to students a better understanding of the components of a healthy and fit lifestyle.
2. The course will provide to students a better understanding of the relationships among functioning systems and improved skill in the application of the principles of training and conditioning in an effort to improve those systems.
3. The course will assist students in assessing their own personal fitness levels and in developing their own personal life-long fitness programs.
Learning Outcomes of the Course:
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
1. Better recognize, understand, and relate to the material presented.
2. Have developed their own personal life-long fitness programs that reflect the material presented.
[Add to Portfolio]