PED 168 - Exploring Healthy Lifestyles
This course is a theoretical classroom approach to assessing and evaluating healthy pathways in life. Students will explore and analyze the components of diet and exercise that can be chosen which may lead to a happier and healthier life. Emphasis is placed on making educated decisions and using the self-motivation and discipline necessary to make changes leading to a more active healthy lifestyle.
15 Class Hours
Learning Outcomes of the Course:
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
1. Discuss all of the factors in maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
2. Attend an exercise class on the SUNY Broome Campus.
3. Complete a 1 mile run.
4. Perform 10 pushups and 10 sit-ups.
5. Do stretching exercises and learn their importance in injury prevention.
6. Learn the wellness value of regular exercise.
[Add to Portfolio]