PED 150 - Personal Nutrition
Students will learn the basic principals of good nutrition; how energy nutrients work within their body and how they can use nutrition to improve their overall health. They will also be able to utilize this information to decipher the current nutrition recommendations being addressed in the media.
15 Class Hours
Learning Outcomes of the Course:
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
1. Explain the role of nutrients in the human body.
2. Apply knowledge of nutrition to a personal life style, nutrition plan, weight control and activity, and/ or athletic performance.
3. Explain the relationship between diet and: Health, disease and weight control.
4. Make a personal assessment of their dietary practices and proposals.
5. Identify claims regarding food and additives.
6. Apply the concepts of reliable research and consumer behaviors to one's advantage.
[Add to Portfolio]