PED 135 - Jazz Dance I (CV)
Jazz dance technique through practical skill work, jazz styles and dance combinations.
8 Class Hours, 22 Laboratory Hours per semester
Learning Outcomes of the Course:
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of Dance Terminology and Basic Positions.
- Understand basic dance techniques.
- Demonstrate and incorporate an understanding of proper stretching techniques.
- Understand and utilize proper warm ups.
- Incorporate proper dance class etiquette.
- Understand and incorporate dance composition basics in small group studies.
- Master various steps and connect movement into short combinations.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the use of parallel and turned out positions.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the importance of proper core work.
- Critically analyze various dance forms (jazz dance) through observation and writing.
[Add to Portfolio]