PED 130 - Karate (CV)
Classical karate on the beginning and intermediate levels. Philosophy and brief history of karate. Basic kata (forms) together with self-defense and prearranged sparring techniques. Free sparring with no body contact. Emphasis is on physical conditioning and mental discipline.
8 Class Hours, 22 Laboratory Hours per semester
Learning Outcomes of the Course:
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
- Demonstrate up to 6 basic kicking techniques as explained.
- Demonstrate up to 6 basic striking techniques as explained.
- Demonstrate up to 4 basic blocking techniques as explained.
- Demonstrate up to 6 basic elbow techniques as explained.
- Demonstrate 3 basic sparring drills.
- Perform basic stances and footwork.
- Identify and execute up to 10self dense forms.
- Identify and perform basic kata/form.
[Add to Portfolio]