PED 110 - Basic Ice Skating (CV)
A course in basic ice skating technique that moves from less difficult to more difficult performance skating sequences. Students will undergo an assessment of skills at the beginning of the course and will be given instructions and practice time for improvement of skills. Speed of performance as well as execution will be stressed. Will fulfill the C-V requirement. Students will need to bring skates or rent them from the BCC Rink where the course is taught.
8 Class Hours, 22 Job Hours, 1 Credit
Learning Outcomes of the Course:
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
- Identify the wellness benefits of this life-time recreational activity.
- Execute basic ice skating skills.
- Develop proper body alignment and posture.
- Recognize ice skating terminology.
- Identify safety concerns regarding ice skating.
- Demonstrate basic care and use of equipment.
[Add to Portfolio]