Oct 20, 2019
MUS 199 - Intermediate Guitar
Continuation of beginning guitar. Emphasis on picking techniques, fingerings, chords, music readings and performance. There will also be a greater emphasis on technique.
Prerequisite: MUS 185 Beginning Guitar
2 Studio Hours
Learning Outcomes of the Course:
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
- Play movable chord shapes along the neck.
- Read and perform treble clef melodies along the neck.
- Read complex musical rhythms in treble clef.
- Demonstrate advanced flatpicking and fingerstyle techniques.
- Discuss and demonstrate chord and scale theory in relation to rock, blues, jazz, and classical styles.
[Add to Portfolio]