MUS 199 - Intermediate Guitar
Continuation of beginning guitar. Emphasis on picking techniques, fingerings, chords, music readings and performance. There will also be a greater emphasis on technique.
Prerequisite: MUS 185 Beginning Guitar
2 Studio Hours
Learning Outcomes of the Course:
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
1. Play movable chord shapes along the neck.
2. Read and perform treble clef melodies along the neck.
3. Read complex musical rhythms in treble clef.
4. Demonstrate advanced flatpicking and fingerstyle techniques.
5. Discuss and demonstrate chord and scale theory in relation to rock, blues, jazz, and classical styles.
[Add to Portfolio]