Oct 20, 2019
MFG 280 - Capstone Project
Provides students with the opportunity to work on projects that they will likely encounter in the manufacturing industry. The emphasis will be on improving the quality, cost, and productivity of manufacturing operations. Topics include improving productivity by use of automated manufacturing processes, reducing manufacturing errors, increasing product reliability through enhanced inspection techniques. Organizational and cost issues will also be considered.
Prerequisite: Senior Standing or Faculty Approval
2 Class Hours, 2 Laboratory Hours
Learning Outcomes of the Course:
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
- Perform professionally - exhibiting integrity, accepting responsibility, taking initiative, and providing leadership necessary to ensure project success.
- Produce quality design products.
- Produce design products that meet important performance requirements while satisfying relevant societal and professional constraints.
- Establish relationships for quality performance.
- Establish relationships and implement practices with team members, advisors, and clients that support high performance and continuous improvement.
- Manage project schedule and resources.
- Plan, monitor, and manage project schedule, resources, and work assignments to ensure timely and within-budget completion.
- Make decisions based on product design requirements, product life-cycle considerations, resource availability, and associated risks.
- Demonstrate effective use of contemporary tools for engineering and business analysis, fabrication, testing, and design communication.
- Communicate for project success; use formal and informal communications with team, advisor, and clients to document and facilitate progress and to enhance impact of design products.
[Add to Portfolio]