CHM 298 - Chemistry Senior Seminar
This course is a capstone course for students in the LAAS program who plan to go on to major in chemistry or a related area. Students will learn to search for, read, and interpret scientific papers. Students will also be required to give oral presentations and poster board sessions based on their research. Leaders in research from various areas of environmental, forensic, medicinal, and industrial chemistry will also be invited to present. This will prepare students for success at a 4-year college.
Prerequisites: CHM 145 Chemistry and CHM 146 Chemistry
1 Class Hour
Learning Outcomes of the Course:
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
1. Demonstrate the ability to search a scientific journal database for articles related to their interest.
2. Understand how to read and evaluate scientific papers.
3. Demonstrate the ability to convey complicated scientific topics in a understandable manner to peers.
4. Summarize the information learned from an oral presentation and ask relevant questions.
5. Conduct a formal presentation on a current topic in chemistry.
[Add to Portfolio]