Oct 21, 2020
BIO 298 - Biology Senior Seminar
This course is a capstone course for students in the LAAS program who plan to go on to major in the biological sciences. Students will learn how to search for, read, listen to and interpret scientific papers, and to present scientific information to others in a formal setting. This will prepare students for their science program at a 4-year school by helping them to become better consumers and producers of scientific information.
Prerequisites: BIO 117 Principles of Biology I or BIO 118 Principles of Biology II
1 Class Hour
Learning Outcomes of the Course:
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
- Demonstrate the ability to search a scientific journal database for information specific to their interest.
- Understand how to read and interpret scientific papers.
- Demonstrate the ability to convey complicated topics in an understandable way to their peers.
- Summarize the information learned from an oral presentation and ask relevant questions.
- Conduct a formal presentation on a current topic in biology.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)