EVE 297 - Event Internship II
Career-related employment in the Meetings, Expositions, Events and Conventions (MEEC) industry focusing on an area of interest in a MEEC enterprise. The intern will experience the opportunity to apply the theory learned in the program within a MEEC business setting. 225 work hours must be logged. Second year course work must be completed or receive permission of Hospitality Programs Department Chair. Prior work experience is not considered for this course.
3 Class Hours
Learning Outcomes of the Course:
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
1. Demonstrate work competencies in any of the following areas, or other areas as agreed between the student and instructor.
Focus Areas - Event Internship:
- Wedding Planner
- Party Planner
- Trade Show
- Cage Operations
- Special Events
- MEEC Sales Department
- MEEC Food & Beverage Service
- MEEC Accounting & Revenue Control
- MEEC Reservations
- MEEC Operations
- MEEC Direct Marketing
- MEEC Human Resources Department
- MEEC Maintenance Department
- MEEC General Management
All internship positions are to be paid.
[Add to Portfolio]