Sep 21, 2019
EVE 225 - Meetings, Corporate Events, Conventions, Trade Shows & Expos
This course provides an understanding of the growing role of the Meetings, Expositions, Events and Conventions (MEEC) industry, as well as trade shows for both the United States and internationally. It provides practical information for designing and managing projects from a trade show exhibit to planning and coordinating an entire exposition, meeting, convention or corporate event. Virtually every organization, from government agencies to every part of the private sector; mom and pop entrepreneurs to corporate trade associations, all regularly hold large and small meetings of every description. This coure provides the basic tools to successfully plan and manage everything found in the course title. Course information covers the basic competencies tested in the ISES Certified Special Events Professional (CSEP) and Certified Meeting Professional (CMP) examinations. The Meetings, Expositions, Events, and Conventions industry continues to grow and garner increasing attention from the hospitality industry, communities, and government alike.
Prerequisite: EVE 101 Fundamentals of Event Management; self evident and designed sequence
3 Class Hours
Learning Outcomes of the Course:
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
- Comprehend and competently express where MEEC fits in relation to the hospitality industry.
- Identify the roles and functions of Destination Marketing Organizations for MEEC.
- Write clear and concise meeting objectives using the SMART technique.
- Recognize and apply technology which currently impacts professional meetings.
- Execute professional MEEC in an applied learning environment.
[Add to Portfolio]