CST 093 - Network Basics II
This course focuses primarily on the software associated with computer networking. The organization and operation of wide area networks is examined. Detailed coverage of the software protocols that carry information between computers is examined.
Prerequisite: CST 092 Network Basics I
2 Class Hours, 2 Laboratory Hours
Learning Outcomes of the Course:
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
1. Explain the purpose of all layers of the TCP/IP network protocol suite.
2. Demonstrate how to use different network utilities.
3. Discuss the operation of client-server networking and network operating systems.
4. Explain the operation of common network applications FTP, Telnet, email, and web browsing.
5. Demonstrate useful network activities, such as capturing and analyzing network traffic and securing a network.
[Add to Portfolio]