CST 092 - Network Basics I
This course focuses primarily on the hardware associated with computer networking. The organization and operation of local area networks is examined. Detailed coverage of the hardware devices used to connect computers on a LAN is examined.
3 Class Hours
Learning Outcomes of the Course:
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
1. Explain how Ethernet networks allow two computers to communicate.
2. Discuss different network topologies and their advantages and disadvantages.
3. Demonstrate how to setup a local area network using hubs, switches, and routers.
4. Explain how addressing works and is performed on a local area network.
5. Discuss the basic purpose of the TCP/IP network protocol suite.
[Add to Portfolio]