MUS 183 - Lead and Blues Guitar Playing
Guitarists are presented with techniques for soloing within the "blues" style. Various scales, modes, arpeggios, and chording techniques are applied to the basic "blues" chord progression as soloing concepts are developed. Guitarists should be intermediate players and have a fundamental knowledge of music theory.
2 Class Hours; 2 Studio Hours
Learning Outcomes of the Course:
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
1. Perform the "blues scale" in all keys.
2. Construct a solo based on the "pentatonic scales."
3. Demonstrate "blues licks."
4. Perform "blues chords" in any key.
5. Perform chord substitutions.
6. Demonstrate the diminished scale and whole tone scales.
7. Play a solo using the seven ancient church modes.
[Add to Portfolio]