MUS 161 - Sound Engineering II
An introduction to MIDI systems and applications. Students will develop an understanding of the history and evolution of MIDI, as well as the hardware requirements involving channels and modes. Implementation of MIDI applications in the studio environment using the KORG Triton keyboard is explored.
Prerequisite: MUS 160 Sound Engineering I
2 Studio Hours, 2 Lecture Hours
Learning Outcomes of the Course:
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
1. Use MIDI in a recording session.
2. Use MIDI for production with Reason 8 and Pro Tools.
3. Edit multi-track recordings in preparation for mixing.
4. Mix multi-track sessions.
5. Apply signal processing and time-based effects to mixes.
[Add to Portfolio]