MUS 116 - Ear Training II
A continuation of MUS 115 Ear Training I. Emphasizes dictation in two parts in various clefs and further develops interval and rhythmic discrimination.
Prerequisite: MUS 115 Ear Training I
2 Class Hours
Learning Outcomes of the Course:
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
1. Sing medium level major and minor songs using standard solfegge techniques.
2. Sing and master singing in alto and other clefs.
3. Sing and identify intervals of major 6ths, 7ths, and tri-tones, and be able to sight sing using kodaly hand signals.
4. Sing various levels of chord progressions and be able to write Soprano/Alto/Bass examples of melodic dictation.
5. Master four measure examples of rhythmic dictation.
[Add to Portfolio]